Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pension

arh, finally =.= the initial plan was to write this during the last weekend, but what happened was I could not on9 on those days, the koop wi-fi was out of reach. Even now I had to borrow someone's broadband.....tanx to the renovation done at the wispi.

So anyway, I already retired last tuesday, after new president had been elected in an evening meeting, straight after the election on Monday nite. I did the selection asap because they, the new srcs, are going to have a lot of work as soon as they got their responsibility. Ikhya Ramadhan, Merdeka Celebration, Hari Raya Feast, director's retirement etc etc.....

Well honestly, I felt a little awkward after the meeting on that night. The most annoying question I asked to myself was, "Had I done my job properly?"...... I dont know.

A lot of thing had happened, and learned. I am going to say that, I felt as if I stayed at kms for 2 years. No, what I want to say is, the year that was like 2 years in jasin. Heyh I remembered how time flow so fast, when you have a lot of things to think in your head. Everyday was mostly, never the same. When I rarely had a free evening in a week. When nights were filled with discussions until 11 or 12. When recess was the only time I had to meet the heads of the college; director, hep or hea, and the teachers as well. When there was always tasks coming everyday from teachers or staffs, while there were still on going tasks that havent done. When I was busy doing the tasks, more things arise that require my part. And of course, those things havent include the homeworks and assignment by teacher. Thats how it make, my days was mostly different. And when you had to go through different days everyday, you will not realise the time passed by.

I met and mixed with a lot of people. Pak cik rahman, abang amir, akak noriah, akak2 office, tn hj tamam, dr noraini, pn mariyam, oh yes, the dedicated ex-director, pn hasyimah, and another great director too, sir maytias, the stuffs, and teachers. And not to forgot my fellow src members and the students.

The experiences are priceless. I learned the art of persuading, the importance of giving motivation to your subordinates, how to argue your opinion, the importance of being patience, how things work such as organising an event, and the most, the art of talking.... =D haha I was a guy who dont know how to speak, my first speech was nonsense. And there was always time come that required me to say something. I remember in my first week after I got my position, my mentor, ms lee asked me to say something during a celebration party. I dont know what to say, and there goes my nonsense again. She said to me, "You need to learn how to talk, because after this you are going to talk a lot"....ha ha =). Thought up until now I am not really a good speaker, but I learn to speak up front of crowded people quiet err, oke.

If you going to ask me what I learn, I learn a lot. I got a little idea how the life of prime minister is =D. And I realise, in real life, we are not going to use all those maths and sciences knowledge in dealing with people. Instead, we need the knowledges of inter-personal skills. Those skills is not being taught in class, they are acquired by experiences of meeting and communicating with other people. And do you want to know who looked for example when I dont know what to do at certain time?....
I choose the best person to follow, and the best person is of course, prophet Muhammad pbuh.
And there the importance of reading and understand how our prophet thought and did. It works =D

And funny, I never really thought that I was going to be a president. I remember when I was in jasin, looking at my presiden giving his speech during monthly assembly, I had a slight thought, "Is there any chance that I will be at his place, giving speech every time. Could I do it?" I just smile laughing at myself," NO way".

Anyway, I got a feeling that I am not going to seek any position like that anymore. Its not that I regret the path I had choose, its just I would not dare to hold the responsibility such as like that again, its too big that I always had a terrifying feeling in myself if I do not do any work I should be doing, then I will asked about it 'later'.....-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment